Experience and Ability
- Nutrition, feeding, and management of dairy cattle from calf, heifer, nonlactating, and through lactating stages
- Extensive experience in research and development of feed products and programs for all of these stages
- On-farm consulting and training of on-farm consultants for 10 years throughout the United States
- Several years of similar experience in countries outside the U.S., notably in Canada, Mexico, Latin America, Spain, Italy, Hungary, South Korea, Brazil & China in addition to technical support in other countries
- Currently, in private consulting business in the U.S. and other countries with clientele in various companies, agencies, organizations, and publications, including as a reviewer for the 2001 National Research Council (www.nationalacademies.org/nrc) publication on Nutrient Requirements of Dairy Cattle, and columnist for both Feedstuffs (“The Weekly Newspaper for Agribusiness”) (www.feedstuffs.com) and Hoard’s Dairyman (www.hoards.com).
- Founder and Principal, ANDHIL LLC, St. Louis, MO (2001-present)
- Dairy Field Technical Service and Research, Milk Specialties Global (2010-2012)
- International Director of Ruminant Nutrition, Agribrands International (formerly Ralston Purina International), St. Louis, MO (2000-2001)
- Director of Dairy Applied Research, Nutritional Consulting Program, and Technical Services, Purina Mills Inc., St. Louis, MO (1991-2000)
- Manager of Dairy and Ruminant Research, Purina Mills, St. Louis, MO (1975-1991)
- Dairy Nutritionist, Ralston Purina Co, St. Louis, MO (1973-1975)
- Food Supply Officer, U.S. Army Depot Operations, Sattahip, Thailand (1969-1970)
- Nutrition Research Officer, U.S. Army Natick Laboratories, Natick MA (1968-1969)
- B.S. 1967 Dairy Husbandry, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- M.S. 1968 Dairy Cattle Nutrition, University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Thesis: Effect of dietary protein intake on creatinine excretion and the creatinine-nitrogen ratio in bovine urine.
- Distinguished Military Graduate 1967 2nd Lieutenant Army ROTC
- Ph.D. 1973 Animal Nutrition, Cornell University.
- Thesis: Some biochemical and cellular aspects of growth in cattle as influenced by breed, sex, level of intake, and stage of growth.
- Over thirty scientific journal articles
- Numerous popular press articles
- Extensive Purina publications for training and technical reference
- Numerous presentations to dairy producer groups within the U.S. and other countries
- Click on Publication & Presentation List for detailed listing
- American Dairy Science Association (www.adsa.org)
- American Society of Animal Science (www.asas.org)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (www.aaas.org)
- American Society for Nutrition (www.nutrition.org)
- Dairy Calf and Heifer Association (www.calfandheifer.org)
- American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists (PAS) (www.arpas.org), Charter Member and Diplomat of the American College of Animal Nutrition (DIPL ACAN).
Army Commendation Medal–Meritorius Service, 1969-1970 Thailand
American Dairy Science Association: Nutrition Professionals, Inc. Applied Dairy Nutrition Award 2006
Initial Inductee of Agricultural Leadership Society in 2007—University of Missouri College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources Alumni Association
Missouri Dairy Hall of Honors, 2017 Meritorious Service Award
English and some spoken Thai.